A&E Network and the New York Television Festival are back with the second installment of an innovative program seeking original unscripted television treatments from independent producers and doc production companies. The top 25 treatments will be reviewed by the network; one winner will receive $10,000 and the opportunity to participate in the production of a pilot based on their concept.
The A&E network is seeking submissions that focus on big characters in exciting and fresh worlds that are highly entertaining and of the moment. Producers must include:
* A short treatment (1-2 pages) describing their original unscripted format
* A brief video (2-4 minutes) introducing the subject(s).
* 25 semi-finalists will be presented to A&E development executives. All semi-finalists are invited to participate in the 2012 New York Television Festival, Oct 22-27, as Official Artists (details below).
* Five finalists, selected by A&E, will receive notes on their projects and $2,500 to shoot additional tape.
* One winner, selected by A&E, will be awarded $10,000 and the opportunity to participate in pilot production.
Submission Period Opens: Tuesday, March 6, 2012
Final Deadline: Tuesday, April 3, 2012 (noon)
Free to enter.
Additional opportunities for Semi-Finalists:
Official Semi-Finalists will be invited to participate as Official Artists at the 2012 New York Television Festival in NYC in October, with exclusive access to:
*Participate in NYTVF Pitch, offering guaranteed development deals from:
- Bio Channel
- Hasbro Studios
- SevenOne International
- Sundance Channel
- Channel 4
More info here: http://www.nytvf.com/2012_pitch.html
*Network, meet and collaborate with over forty U.S.-based television networks, studios, agencies, fellow TV creators and MORE.
Full details about the NYTVF Artist Experience here: http://www.nytvf.com/artists.html
Want to participate in these exclusive Artist-Only programs? Only NYTVF Official Artists are invited to take part, so submit to one of NYTVF's current initiatives now!
NYTVF is also accepting entries to:
The 8th annual Independent Pilot Competition. Win guaranteed deals from the following US network partners:
- IFC ($25,000 deal for alternative comedy)
- MTV ($10,000 deal for comedy)
- VH1 ($5,000 deal for non-scripted, docu-series, factual, etc)
Submit original indie TV pilots or web series in ANY genre, 4-22 minutes in length
*Final deadline: June 29, 2012
More info here: http://www.nytvf.com/2012_ipc.html
About the New York Television Festival:
The New York Television Festival was founded in 2005 as the industry’s first creative festival for television artists. The NYTVF works in partnership with networks, studios, brands and agencies to more effectively and efficiently deliver the best projects and showcase the most promising artists.