A&E and the New York TV Festival are seeking treatments for original unscripted TV shows; Five finalist projects will receive development funding from the network with one winner earning $10,000 and the opportunity to participate in pilot production. FREE to enter. More info below and at www.nytvf.com/2012_ae_pipeline.html
The A&E Unscripted Development Pipeline
A&E Network and the New York Television Festival are back with the second installment of an innovative program seeking original unscripted television treatments from independent producers and doc production companies.
The A&E network is seeking submissions that focus on big characters in exciting and fresh worlds that are highly entertaining and of the moment. Producers must include:
* A short treatment (1-2 pages) describing their original unscripted format
* A brief video (2-4 minutes) introducing the subject(s).
* 25 semi-finalists will be presented to A&E development executives. All semi-finalists are invited to participate in the 2012 New York Television Festival, Oct 22-27, as Official Artists (details below).
* Five finalists, selected by A&E, will receive notes on their projects and $2,500 to shoot additional tape.
* One winner, selected by A&E, will be awarded $10,000 and the opportunity to participate in pilot production.
Additional opportunities for Semi-Finalists:
Official Semi-Finalists will be invited to participate as Official Artists at the 2012 New York Television Festival in NYC in October, with exclusive access to:
*Participate in NYTVF Pitch, offering guaranteed development deals from: Bio Channel, Hasbro Studios, Logo, SevenOne International, Sundance Channel, Channel 4
*Network, meet and collaborate with over forty U.S.-based television networks, studios, agencies, fellow TV creators and MORE.
Want to participate in these exclusive Artist-Only programs? Only NYTVF Official Artists are invited to take part, so submit to one of NYTVF's current initiatives now!
NYTVF is also accepting entries to:
The 2012 Independent Pilot Competition
* Win guaranteed deals from the following US network partners IFC, MTV, and VH1.
More info here: www.nytvf.com/2012_ipc.html